Welcome to the performance troubleshooting guide! Does your camera slow down at times, or have issues with loading live streams? There could be several reasons for this condition!
1. Your connection to your Wi-Fi or LTE network - if your signal is not the best, or if you are too far from your router, you may experience choppy videos. Simply set your video quality lower, or move to a location with better signal!
2. The camera's connection to your Wi-Fi network - if your camera is too far from the router, the connection may be too weak to stream in 1080p or higher HD. You can extend your Wi-Fi network or move the camera closer to the router!
3. Your phone/tablet/PC is downloading something. This interferes with HD live videos if your bandwidth or hardware have limitations.
4. Your smartphone/tablet/PC hardware is out of date, or are unable to stream videos in HD. This is unlikely if your smart device is new.
5. Your internet service and environment - if your family is busy streaming movies, music, and other data, this may or may not affect your own speeds. You may need to dial the video quality down, or disconnect from your Wi-Fi and use 4G/LTE instead.
6. On the road - sometimes our cellular reception is far from perfect while travelling. If you notice slow, choppy video, change the video quality to 360p or 720p and get faster streaming to your phones!
- On CamHome Element, tap on the live stream to change your definition
- On CamHome Hub, change the definition by tapping on the SD/HD icon on the upper right of your live stream page.
- The cameras will continue to record in 1080p HD.