Welcome to the ONVIF setup manual! With this feature you can watch live video and get alerts on your desktop or laptop computers.
First, please get a PC/Mac Compatible ONVIF application installed. There are many choices available to you!
1. After connecting your camera successfully via the CamHome Element app, open your camera's Settings page. Check your camera's firmware version by scrolling down to Version.
2a. Please tap on Version, then update your camera firmware to the latest version! DO NOT POWER OFF THE CAMERA WHILE UPDATING.
*Sometimes the progress may seem slow, but rest assured the camera is updating normally.
Q: I don't see the update available, how can I install it now?
A: If a new version is not showing up, you can check the following:
-Check if your Blackbox is running the CamHome Element app. For the older generation users running the CamHome Hub app, please contact us!
-You have granted all permissions available to the Element app. If you have already done so, and the update is still not showing, please do the following:
2b. Manual update - First, prepare a microSD card to be used in the update procedure, then download the file "upgrade.bin" file.
1. Copy the file "upgrade.bin" onto your microSD card. Please copy it to the root, no need to create new folders.
2. Make sure the camera is powered off, so please unplug it from the power outlet.
3. Insert the card into the card slot. Then, you can plug in the camera.
4. The update will automatically start in the system. Please wait patiently, it should take 5-10 minutes to complete.
5. When finished, the camera will reboot by itself. Then you should be ready to use the ONVIF feature! First, set up a password via the phone app.
3. Once the camera restarts after updating, head back into Settings and tap on Onvif Settings.
4. Enable ONVIF settings. Please note the access URL. You can then set a unique password for access!
5. On your PC or Mac computer, open the ONVIF compatible application of your choice.
For this example, we will go with ONVIF Device Manager. Input the username admin, and the password you had set, and log in.
*The manager has already scanned and found the camera on our network!
6. Click on "Live video" to watch the live stream.
a. Live video streams the current video to your screen.
b. Video streaming lets you set options for the stream, such as clarity and quality. By default the quality is always maximized.
c. PTZ control gives you control over mechanical rotation. For models such as the Blackbox and Olva cameras, you can control the pan/tilt for the device!
d. Profiles lets you create different profiles to work with (combination of PTZ, quality, etc.)
And there you have it, the device can now be used with your PC application.