Welcome to the setup tutorial for the CamHome smart Wi-Fi doorbell system! In this guide, we will cover how to pair the device to your home Wi-Fi and begin using it.
1. Unpack your new device, and take a moment to check that all items are present.
2. Slide bracket off the doorbell by pulling downwards.
3. Remove the battery cover and install the batteries now, or simply plug the USB cable into the doorbell to power it up.
*For new device setup, we recommend you press and hold the RESET button for 5 seconds to ensure factory settings.
4. On your smartphone, head to your App Store (on Apple devices) or the Google Play Store (Android devices), and search for our CamHome Bell application. Download and install as necessary.
Hint: use the icon below as a reference!
5. Open the Bell app, and tap SIGN UP to register a new account with us. If you already signed up, just log in.
6. After logging in, on the first page, tap the (+) icon to begin. Select the recommended "Add New Device".
7. Connect your phone to your Wi-Fi network. Then hit Confirm on the app until you reach this page! Please input your current Wi-Fi password. When done, hit Confirm.
8. The device scan will begin. Now, push the doorbell button on the doorbell so the blue light shows. Pairing should only take a few seconds.
Hint: if, after 90 seconds, your bell does NOT appear in this list:
a. Hit "Cancel" on the bottom to go back, check that your Wi-Fi password is correct, then retry the setup, or:
b. Tap the upper right icon to use the QR code pairing function.
- Press the doorbell button so the blue light shows,
- Hold your QR patch 5-10 inches in front of the doorbell.
- You may need to move the patch around slightly,
- Once a sound plays, the code has been read and setup will continue.
9. Once done, please set your doorbell password for secure access and rename the device. You're finished with setup!