Welcome to the setup tutorial for the Comet C monitor system! In this guide, we go over how to pair and start streaming video to your smartphone device.
1. Unpack your new Comet system, and take a moment to check that all items are present.
2. (Optional) If you own a microSD storage card, you can insert it into the side of the device before you power it up.
a. Please note the maximum card capacity supported is 128 GB.
3. Attach the power adapter and USB cable to the device, and plug it into a power outlet. The device will initialize for about 15 seconds.
4. On your smartphone, head to your App Store (on Apple devices) or the Google Play Store (Android devices), and search for our CamHome Hub application. Download and install as necessary.
Hint: if you prefer, you can scan the QR codes located on the instruction manual for a direct link.
5. Open the CamHome Hub app, and tap SIGN UP to register a new account with us. You can log in immediately after finishing.
Hint: first enter a valid email address, and tap get verification code to deliver a CAPTCHA code to email. If you receive it, enter it on the page to finish.
6. On the MY DEVICES page, tap the (+) icon to begin.
7. Continue until you reach this page. Please check that the camera's red indicator light is flashing.
Hint: if the red indicator light is NOT flashing, please press and hold the reset button for 4-5 seconds, then release it. Wait around 15 seconds for the device to reboot!
8. Next, you will reach the Wi-Fi information page. If you have a Wi-Fi password, please enter it here, then tap next.
9. The device scan will begin. A beeping note will be played from the camera. Please wait a moment for your device to appear in the list. Once it does, tap the ADD button to complete the setup.
Hint: if, after 90 seconds, your camera does NOT appear in this list:
a. Return to the previous page on your app (tap the < button).
b. Press and hold the reset button on the camera for 4-5 seconds, and release it. Wait 15 seconds for the reboot.
c. Retry from step 7, and confirm that your Wi-Fi access password is correct!
10. Tap RETURN LIST to return to the device list, and your camera should be ready for use!