Greetings! For users that wish to move the camera between different Wi-Fi networks, or just need to re-pair the device to another network in your home or office, we will go over the process in this article.
1. Plug in the device within reach of your new network, and wait for it to boot up (usually 15 seconds).
2. Press and hold the reset button (located at the bottom of the device) for 4-5 seconds, then release it. You will see the status light turn solid red, then blinking red.
3. On the MY DEVICES page, tap the (+) icon. Continue following the setup guide.
4. Make sure your smartphone is connected to your new network, and input your new network password to continue.
6. Tap "Next" and the search will begin.
Note: your device should be found in under 30 seconds.
7. Your old device should re-appear on the list with a gray "ADDED" next to it. Check the Backbox's status light and it should be solid blue.
8. Once it appears on this list, you are done! Tap RETURN LIST to go back to the main page.
Q: My device is not showing up during the search! What can I do?
A: First, make sure your current Wi-Fi is 2.4GHz. A 5G network usually has the letters "-5G" in the network SSID. Then, make sure your network password is correct!
Q: My device makes a sound but does not show up. What may be wrong?
A: Check that your network encryption is at least WPA. Weak encryption such as WEP are NOT supported by the camera, since they are a security risk and way out of date. Ask an internet technician if you want to change your encryption type!