Welcome to the setup tutorial for the Blackbox S camera system! In this guide, we will cover how to pair the camera and start streaming video to your smartphone.
1. Unpack your new Blackbox system, and take a moment to check that all items are present.
2. (Optional) If you own a microSD storage card, you can insert it into the bottom of the device before you power it up. The storage card is used to hold video recordings.
Please note the maximum card capacity supported is 128 GB.
3. Attach the power adapter and USB cable to the device from below, and plug it into a power outlet. The device will initialize for about 15 seconds.
4. On your smartphone, head to your App Store (on Apple devices) or the Google Play Store (Android devices).
Search for the CamHome Element application (previously CamHome Hub, please refer to your manual to find the correct app). Download and install as necessary.
Hint: if you prefer, you can scan the QR codes located on the instruction manual for a direct link.
5. Open the app, and tap SIGN UP to register a new account with us. You can log in immediately after finishing.
Verification code is not required.
6. First, ensure your phone or tablet is connected to your Wi-Fi network. Please use the 2.4GHz network, not your 5G network!
On the MY DEVICES page, tap the (+) icon.
7. When prompted to input your Wi-Fi network password. Please do so!
a. (CamHome Element ONLY, please scroll down to 8 for CamHome Hub)
On CamHome Element, the primary method of setup is using a code scan. As you proceed through the setup, you will come across the QR code patch:
b. Hold the patch about 6-8 inches in front of the camera lens (please remove the protective film if needed). When scanned, the camera will emit a tweet.
c. Wait a moment for the device setup to complete! After all is done, you can return to the front page of the app.
8. CamHome Hub: the Wi-Fi search and sync. In this method, first enter your wireless network password when prompted.
9. The device scan will begin, and the camera's indicator light will flash faster.
Please wait a moment for your device to appear in the list. Once it does, tap the ADD button to complete the setup.
Hint: if, after 90 seconds, your camera does NOT appear in this list:
a. Return to the previous page on your app (tap the < button).
b. Press and hold the reset button on the camera for 4-5 seconds, and release it. Wait 15 seconds for the reboot.
c. Retry from step 8, and confirm that your Wi-Fi access password is correct!
Consult our common Q&A list here for fixes to any problems you may face.
10. Tap RETURN LIST to return to the device list, and your camera should be ready for use!