In this section, we will go over the basics of navigation on your TV or monitor.
- Treat the DVR like a desktop computer. Left click is used for selection.
- On the main screen, double clicking on a channel will enlarge it to full-screen.
Right click on the main page to bring up the navigation menu, where you can access all the DVR's functions. Let's go over the most important pages that you will use:
- The Main Menu lets you change important, everyday settings, like when to record, how sensitive the motion sensors are, and how the alarms and alerts reach you.
- The Advanced page of the main menu includes account and storage management, firmware upgrades, device information, and more.
- The System page lets you change network settings, tweak the settings for your screen's display resolution, and other general settings.
- NOTE: PTZ Config pertains to cameras with the ability to pan, tilt, and zoom. Not all cameras have this function. However, this option is not disabled even when your cameras do not support it.
- Back on the navigation menu, selecting Record Mode lets you quickly change recording mode from scheduled to manual, or stop recording immediately.
- Change between viewing 1 camera (show 1 channel only) and viewing all at once with the View 1/View 4 settings. Alternatively, just double click on the channel you wish to view full-screen.
With these basic menu items under your belt, you can play around with the various settings and find your best setup. Let's get monitoring!