To change settings for your motion sensors, go to:
Main menu > Alarm > Motion Detect
You will see the motion detection settings page:
Let's go through each of these settings:
Channel: choose which camera(s) you want the settings to affect.
Enable: checking this box enables motion detection.
Sensitivity: select how sensitive you want detection to be.
- We suggest Middle sensitivity for a balance, but you can increase or decrease sensitivity as you wish.
Region: this lets you choose which regions you want the detection to focus on. By default, every tile is selected. Click and drag your mouse to toggle the tiles as you wish.
Period: choose the times when you want motion detection to be on.
MD Interval: choose the amount of time between each motion alert.
- This is the amount of time before another motion reading gets triggered.
Alarm out: which camera will alert you when detection goes off.
- This one doesn't usually need changing.
Out delay: how long the delay between detection and alert should be.
Record channel: which camera records for this detection.
Tour: This refers to automatic cycling between each camera's video on your TV or monitor, like a slideshow.
PTZ Activation: for cameras supporting pan/tilt/zoom. Fixed cameras do not have this function, but the option will remain.
Post Rec: How long the system will keep recording after detection triggers.
The bottom checkbox are for alert purposes. How do you want to get alerts?
Show message: a message will appear on your TV or monitor.
Buzzer: the box's built-in buzzer (the same one you heard upon startup) will sound whenever it has an alert for you.
FTP upload: the alert file will upload via file transfer protocol.
Send Email: you will receive an email about the incident.
Write Log: a log file will be kept with essential details in the hard drive.
Mobile Reported: get a notification on your smartphone.
Once you complete your changes, press OK to apply them.
- The default settings for your DVR system should be fine for everyday use.
- We suggest you change the delay times and intervals to your liking.
- Not everyone has the same environment, so you should change settings to suit your needs!