This article will teach you how to set up recordings!
To begin, go to the Main Menu and click on Record.
You will see this page:
Record Conf. is the configuration page.
Playback lets you watch recordings and manage them.
Backup allows you to back up files.
Click Record Conf. to enter the configuration page:
Here, you can set up your recording sessions to your liking.
- Select the channel (camera) you wish to set up.
- Redundancy refers to cases where you have 2 or more hard drives. When you check redundancy, the footage will be saved to multiple drives at once.
- Choose the max. length of each clip. 60 Minutes is the default. A long recording session will be split into multiple clips!
- PreRec is the length of time for a pre-recording gap.
- Choose a mode.
- Schedule means the system records at times you set specifically.
- Manual means you must switch recording on or off by yourself.
- Stop means no recordings are made.
- If you choose schedule, you can choose a specific day of the week to record, or choose everyday. Four active periods can be set, each in different modes:
- Regular: the system records normally.
- Detect: the system uses detection sensors to decide when to record.
- Alarm: have the system alert you when recording begins.
- Thumbnails: enabling this places a thumbnail for your video clips.
How you decide to record is up to you! For example, if you install the system in an office, you may wish to record everyday from 5 pm to 9 am. There are many choices available.
When you have completed your settings, click OK to apply them. Now you are ready to record any events that may occur!
Need to change Motion Detection settings? Click here!