Welcome! This article will guide you in setting up your new router.
Before we begin, please ensure that you have one of the following items ready:
- If you prefer to use the S-1V as your only router, then you just need to have a modem set up.
- If you want to use the S-1V as a router extension, then you may use your existing router.
Alright, now that you have everything, let's get started!
1. Plug an Ethernet cable into the S-1V master router (oval shaped), and plug the other end into an empty port on your modem or router.
2. Next, plug the router into a wall outlet.
Note: Surge protector strips and most power strips are incompatible with the S-1V, or any other power-line connection.
Why is this the case?
The nature of their design means surge protectors and many strips will disrupt power-line data signals, which could lead to no connectivity.
Use a direct wall outlet -or- an extension cable. Certain power strips will definitely work, but you should try these out yourself!
3. Wait for the the white light to glow, which indicates the system is ready.
Then, plug the extender into a wall outlet anywhere you like (within 650 feet). A connection will be made through the power outlets.
4a. Download and install the INFi - Smart Life app from the App Store or Google Play Store.
Tip: either search 'infi smart life' in-store or scan the QR codes provided in each package.
4b. Upon starting the app, the first step is to create an account. Tap 'sign up' to begin the process!
Tip: tap 'get code' to send a confirmation code to the email you entered. Visit your mailbox, then enter it here to complete registration.
5. After you finish registration, log in to your account. On the home screen, tap '(+) Add more devices'. Select the INFi router!
6. Proceed until you reach the page shown below.
Then, go to your phone's settings > Wi-Fi and connect to the access point labeled INFi_xxxxxx (where the x's represent the router's serial number). See example below:
7. Input the master password "admin" when prompted. This is the factory default used for setup, and you can change it to your liking later. Tap to confirm.
8. Congratulations! You have completed setup. After returning to the main screen, tap on your new device to see stats, change its name, or go into the control panel. See below:
Next, you can change the access point name and password to your liking.
You can also learn how to use the Control Center.
If you are still not connected to the internet, you may have to go into advanced setup. Click the link for our help article.